Sunday, September 11, 2011

Remembering 9/11

By: Amy Smith

     There is always an event in a person's life that no matter how much time passes, the person will be able to recall exactly where he/she was and what he/she was doing. For this generation the event would be September 11, 2001. On September 11, 2001, Four different planes were hijacked by terrorists. Two planes crashed into the two World Trade Center buildings in New York City, one crashed into the Pentagon in Washington D.C., and the last plane crashed in an empty Field in Shanksville, Pennsylvania. Today, September 11, 2011, it is the ten year anniversary and I still remember my own experience.
9/11 video
     I was in 7th grade. my class was reading a novel during English class. The school secretary, who normally had the radio on in the office, came to my classroom and pulled my teacher out of class. Before coming back into the room, my teacher, Mr R, went and got a TV from the school av room. When he turned the TV on we saw the second plane crash into the second building. It was very surreal and we were not quite sure what was happening. We were dismissed from school at noon. I met my mom at home and we went to pick my sister up from her high school. My dad got home from work early. I remember watching the TV for most of the afternoon and night. We sat as a family and watched all the news coverage. I remember feeling scared and a little confused. my parents kept my sister and me home from school the next day.

The Pentagon

     Still to this day I among many others remember what happened on that day. So many lives were lost. My thoughts and prayers go out to all of the families and friends of those lost. I am proud to be an American and very grateful for all of the men and women who service our country.

1 comment:

  1. Olaitan Okusaga

    In Memory of September 11 Victims.
    ★★★★★▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ★★★★★▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ★★★★★▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    10 years ago today....Tear were shed, fear was felt, lives were lost and a country was changed !!!
    In memory of September 11 Victims !!!
    GOD BLESS AMERICA !!!

    ReplyDelete